- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds pork or beef, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet or hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In a cast iron Dutch oven, sauté onion in shortening. Add garlic; sauté until
- Add meat, onion, paprika, caraway seeds, salt and pepper. Brown well.
- Add 1/2 cup of the water; simmer, covered, until meat is tender, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle flour over drippings in the pan; stir until brown.
- Add remaining water; simmer for 10 to 20 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.