Eggs with Peppers and Sausage
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 pound Italian sweet peppers or banana peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 pound fully cooked smoked sausage links, cut into thin slices
- 6 fried eggs
- Cook onion and peppers in oil in skillet, stirring occasionally, until tender,
about 15 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, paprika and sugar. Cover and cook over low heat
- Stir in sausage; cook uncovered until sausage is hot, about 5 minutes.
- Top with fried egg.