European Pastry Kolachky
- 1/2 pound butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking
- 1 (12 ounce) can prune filling*
- Confectioners' sugar
* You may substitute another fruit filling if you prefer.
- Cream butter, cream cheese, milk and sugar.
- Add beaten egg yolk. Mix well.
sifted flour and baking powder.
- Roll out to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Use a lot of
flour as it is wet. Cut into squares or rounds.
- Make a depression in the center
and add 1 teaspoon of filling to each square or round.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree
F oven for 10 to 12 minutes until slightly brown.
- Cool on racks.
- Sprinkle with confectioners'
sugar before serving.