Fish with Sour Cream
In Hungary and Austria, Betyar Fogas is usually accompanied by boiled russet
- 1 pound fish fillets
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons
dry bread crumbs
- Snipped parsley
- If fish fillets are large, cut into serving pieces. Pat fish dry; arrange in
ungreased 12 x 7 1/2-inch baking dish.
- Cook and stir mushrooms and onion in butter
until mushrooms are golden, about 3 minutes. Spoon mushrooms mixture over fish;
sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix sour cream and cheese; spread over mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle with bread
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F until fish flakes easily with fork, 25 to
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
4 to 6 servings