Helen Beveridge's Haluski Grange Stand Favorite
This one is a stand favorite. If you can't wait a whole year, here is the Haluski
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large head cabbage, chopped and steam until tender
- 1 pound egg noodles, cooked al la dente
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Using pot large enough to accommodate all the ingredients, melt the margarine
and sauté the onion until tender.
- Add the cabbage and the noodles and stir to combine. Heat thoroughly.
- Season to taste.
Serves 10 to 12.
Final Comments: Once a year only. Customers love it because " It's such
a comfort food" Megan Schlow, New York free lance food stylist.
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine 6/5/01 3:26:51 pm.
Source: Pierogie Place at the Grange Fair Centre Hall PA
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.