Helen Beveridge's Haluski Grange Stand Favorite
This one is a stand favorite. If you can't wait a whole year, here is the Haluski
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large head cabbage, chopped and steam until tender
- 1 pound egg noodles, cooked al la dente
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Using pot large enough to accommodate all the ingredients, melt the margarine
and sauté the onion until tender.
- Add the cabbage and the noodles and stir to combine. Heat thoroughly.
- Season to taste.
Serves 10 to 12.
Final Comments: Once a year only. Customers love it because " It's such
a comfort food" Megan Schlow, New York free lance food stylist.
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine 6/5/01 3:26:51 pm.
Source: Pierogie Place at the Grange Fair Centre Hall PA