Hungarian Bean Soup
Hungarian Bean Soup is a filling combination of Polish sausage, onion, carrots,
kidney beans, tomato juice and sour cream.
- 3 pounds Polish sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound carrots, sliced thin
- 4 small cans red kidney beans
- 2 large cans tomato juice
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Place sausage, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in a large soup kettle. Fill kettle
about 1/2 full of water and boil these ingredients about 2 hours.
- Add carrots, tomato juice and beans. Continue boiling until carrots are tender.
- Mix flour, water and sour cream to make thin paste. Slowly add to boiling soup. Boil 5 to 10 minutes
- Serve hot.