Hungarian Potato and Egg Casserole
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hardboiled
eggs, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Heat 1 inch salted water to boiling. Add potatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and cook until tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Drain; cool slightly.
- Cook onion in oil until tender. Mix onion, oil, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Peel potatoes; cut into 1/4-inch slices. Gently mix potatoes and sour cream mixture.
- Arrange half the potatoes in greased 10 x 6-inch baking dish or 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Arrange eggs on top; add remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees F until light brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Garnish with minced parsley if desired.
Yield: 6 servings