Old World Kielbasi and Sauerkraut
- 2 (27 ounce) cans sauerkraut (washed and squeezed out)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, plus a little more
- 2 large onions diced
- 1 ring Polish smoked kielbasi (preferably from a good Polish butcher)
- Caraway seed (optional)
- Melt butter in frying pan. Put in sauerkraut, onions, and seasoning. Fry kraut
until softened. Add caraway seed if you desire.
- Slice kielbasi at a diagonal, fairly
thin slices and fry along with the kraut until done (about 15 minutes). I usually
boil my kielbasi first for about 10 minutes to get out extra grease, then slice
and add to kraut and fry some more. Don't burn, but let it get browned slightly.
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine 3/26/02 5:53:31 pm.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.