Paczki (Polish Doughnuts)
Filled or unfilled, these are delicious either way!
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package yeast
- 2 cups flour
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks and 1 whole egg, well beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons brandy or rum
- About 5 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Fruit jam (for filling - optional)
- Scald milk and cool to lukewarm. Dissolve yeast in milk. Add the 2
cups flour and beat well. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Add melted butter, egg and egg yolks (well beaten), sugar, salt and
brandy or rum. Beat well.
- Add about 4 cups of flour and mix well. Take 1 more cup of flour and
add enough so you can handle dough. Grease a little and let rise to
- Empty out onto board; pat or roll. Cut and lay on wax paper until
raised to double and fry in deep fat.
- Inject filling if desired.
- Dip into confectioners' glaze while hot, if desired, or sprinkle
with confectioners' sugar.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Eastern European Recipes