This is a rich version of coeur a la creme. It goes well at the end of a light
meal with good fruit.
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup citron, chopped or peeled and chopped rind of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- Cream together cream cheese and butter. Add egg yolks, confectioners' sugar and
vanilla extract; mix well.
- Blend in citron or lemon rind and almonds.
- Dampen a piece of cheesecloth and line a new 7 x 5-inch clay flowerpot or any mold with a hole
in the bottom. Set mold on a pie plate. Pour in mixture and chill for several hours.
Some liquid will drain from the bottom as it chills.
- To serve, unmold onto a serving plate and remove cheesecloth carefully.
- Garnish with strawberries or slices of fresh fruit.