Pears with Nut Stuffing
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ripe firm pears, cut into halves
- 1/3 cup finely chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon dairy sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar, the water and lemon juice in ungreased 8-inch square pan until
sugar is dissolved.
- Arrange pears in pan, turning to coat with sugar mixture.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees F until pears are almost tender when pierced with fork,
- Place 1 pear half, cut side up, in each of 8 serving dishes.
- Mix nuts, 2 tablespoons sugar, the brandy, 1 tablespoon sour cream and the vanilla
extract; fill centers of pear halves with nut mixture.
- Mix 1/2 cup sour cream and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Top each pear half with dollop of sour cream mixture.