Polish Cinnamon Cake
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- A grating of fresh nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat the butter until it is soft and fluffy. Add 3/4 cup of the sugar and the
egg and continue beating. Add 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon, the nutmeg and flour,
and beat until well mixed.
- Spread about 1/3 of the batter on an ungreased baking
sheet, forming a rectangle about 10 x 12 inches and bake in a preheated 400 degrees
F oven for 8 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Repeat two more times with the remaining batter.
- Whip the cream until stiff, and fold in the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, the remaining
1 teaspoon cinnamon and the vanilla extract. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream
on one of the cakes, top with another cake, and repeat.
- Spread remaining whipped cream on the top and serve immediately.
Serves 8 to 12