Polish Crepes (Nalesniki)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 8 tablespoons flour
Apple Filling for Nalesniki
- 2 large tart apples
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- Crepes: Beat eggs.
- Mix sugar, salt and flour well together and stir quickly into
- Add milk and beat hard. Have ready one or more heavy six inch crepe pans,
lightly buttered and well heated.
- Pour just enough batter into each to cover the bottom of the pan when it is tilted
- Shake the crepes over the fire until they are slightly browned on the
bottom and firm to the touch on top. Do not turn. Put them aside to cool.
This may be done several hours before serving.
- Apple Filling: Cook apples with sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Mash apples
slightly until it resembles course applesauce. Cool.
- Fill crepes and roll up. Place
on buttered baking dish and brush well with melted butter. Mix sugar with bread
crumbs and butter and sprinkle over top.
- Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 20 minutes.
16 to 18 crepes; serves 4.