Polish Crepes (Nalesniki)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 8 tablespoons flour
- 2 large tart apples
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- Crepes: Beat eggs.
- Mix sugar, salt and flour well together and stir quickly into the eggs.
- Add milk and beat hard. Have ready one or more heavy six inch crepe pans,
lightly buttered and well heated.
- Pour just enough batter into each to cover the bottom of the pan when it is tilted
- Shake the crepes over the fire until they are slightly browned on the
bottom and firm to the touch on top. Do not turn. Put them aside to cool.
This may be done several hours before serving.
- Apple Filling: Cook apples with sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Mash apples
slightly until it resembles course applesauce. Cool.
- Fill crepes and roll up. Place
on buttered baking dish and brush well with melted butter. Mix sugar with bread
crumbs and butter and sprinkle over top.
- Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 20 minutes.
16 to 18 crepes; serves 4.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.