- 12 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, or 24 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 4 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sauté cabbage and onion in oil. Cover and steam for 40 minutes.
- Brown ground beef in a large pan, and drain well.
- Add cabbage, onion, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper and cook for an additional
- Flatten each Texas roll, or 2 dinner rolls into a 6-inch circle. Divide filling
among 12 circles (about 1/3 cup).
- Place 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese on top of filling. Pull edges around filling
and pinch to close.
- Place on a large sprayed baking sheet, pinched side down. Brush tops with melted
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.