Fill these rolls with this cabbage, ground beef and onion filling and you
will revel in a delicious memory of Europe even if you have never been there.
- 12 Rhodes Yeast Texas Rolls, or 24 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 4 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Saute cabbage and onion in oil. Cover and steam for 30 minutes. Brown
ground beef in a large pan, and drain well. Add cabbage, onion, sugar,
vinegar, salt and pepper and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Flatten each Texas roll, or 2 dinner rolls into a 6-inch circle. Divide
filling among 12 circles (about 1/3 cup). Place 1 tablespoon mozzarella
cheese on top of filling. Pull edges around filling and pinch to close.
- Place on a large sprayed baking sheet, pinched side down. Brush tops
with melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 30-35 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 min | Bake Time: 30-35 min | Servings: 1-11
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.