Serbian Skillet Pork
(Muckalica — Yugoslavia)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 ounces feta cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Hot cooked rice
- Trim fat from pork. Cut pork into 1/2-inch slices; cut slices into 1/2-inch strips.
Heat oil in skillet until hot. Cook and stir pork in oil over medium heat until
brown, about 15 minutes; drain. Add water, onions, tomato, salt, paprika, pepper
and red pepper. Cover and simmer until pork is tender, about 30 minutes, adding
water if necessary.
- Add green pepper. Cover and simmer until green pepper is crisp-tender, 5 to 10
minutes. Top with cheese.
- Serve with rice.
Yield: 4 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.