Spareribs and Cabbage
(Zeberka Wieprzowena z Kapusta — Poland)
Serve with mashed or boiled potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 pounds fresh pork spareribs, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 small head green cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- Freshly-ground pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven until hot. Cook pork spareribs, a few pieces at a time,
over medium heat until brown on all sides, about 15 minutes; drain fat.
- Add onion, carrot, bouillon, salt, caraway seed, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and the bay leaf.
- Pour water and vinegar over pork mixture. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer
for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add cabbage; sprinkle with pepper. Cover and simmer until cabbage is tender,
about 45 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Arrange spareribs and vegetables on serving platter.
- Garnish with minced parsley if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Eastern European Recipes