Baked Cherry Dessert (Clafouti)
Clafouti may be made with any number of fruits. Simply whip up the batter, pour
it over the fruit and bake. Serve leftover Clafouti cold with cream.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pitted dark sweet cherries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs, milk, flour, granulated sugar and the vanilla extract with hand beater
- Spread cherries in greased 10 x 6-inch baking dish or an 8-inch square
- Pour batter over cherries.
- Bake uncovered until puffed and golden brown,
45 to 60 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve warm.
Yields 6 servings