- 3 pounds beef, cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cup mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 bottle Burgundy wine (750ml)
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Brown meat in olive oil in 5-quart Dutch oven.
- Add onions and garlic and cook 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, bay leaf, thyme, Worcestershire and pepper.
- Add wine and water.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 2-3 hours or until meat is tender.
- In bowl, blend together flour and butter. Stir into stew mixture. Heat to boiling. Simmer
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 2/14/2002 12:37 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Recipes