Cheese Straw Twists (Diablotins)
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Thaw pastry as directed on package.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Cover two cookie sheets with parchment or heavy brown
- Mix cheese and paprika.
- Roll 1 sheet of pastry into a 10 x 12-inch rectangle
on a lightly floured surface, using floured stockinet-covered rolling pin.
- Brush pastry with egg; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the cheese mixture. Gently
press cheese mixture into pastry. turn pastry over; repeat with egg and cheese mixture.
- Fold pastry lengthwise into halves. Cut pastry crosswise into 1/2-inch strips. Unfold
strips; roll each end in opposite directions to twist. Place twists on cookie sheet.
- Bake until twists are puffed and golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining sheet of pastry, egg and cheese mixture.
Makes about 48 twists
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Recipes