Coq au Vin
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (4 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup flour
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 large potatoes, cut in quarters
- 3 large carrots, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups dry red wine
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups rice, cooked
- Coat chicken pieces with flour. Brown a few pieces at a time in vegetable oil
in a large skillet.
- Place pieces in a 13 x 9-inch casserole. Arrange garlic, onion, potatoes and
carrots around the chicken.
- Drain oil from skillet. Add butter, wine, mushrooms with liquid and salt. Scrape
browned bits from bottom. Pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 2 hours.
- Cook rice and mound in center of platter. Arrange chicken and vegetables around
rice. Pour sauce over rice.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Spirited Chicken Recipes