Cream of Lettuce Soup
(Potage Creme de Laitue)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 large heads Boston lettuce or 2 small bunches romaine, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Mint leaves or parsley
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook and stir onion in butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat until tender.
Reserve 1 cup lettuce; stir remaining lettuce into onion. Cover and cook over low
heat until lettuce wilts, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add water and bouillon. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into blender container. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth,
about 30 seconds; pour into saucepan.
- Stir in reserved lettuce, half-and-half, salt and pepper. Heat just to boiling.
- Garnish with mint.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Recipes