Duckling with Orange Sauce
(Caneton a L'Orange)
Serve with baked squash.
- 1 (4 to 5 pound) duckling
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Fasten neck skin of duckling to back with skewers. Lift wing tips up and over
back for natural brace. Place duckling, breast side up, on rack in shallow roasting
pan. Prick skin with fork.
- Roast covered at 325 degrees F until done, about 2 1/2
hours, removing excess fat from pan occasionally. If duckling becomes too brown,
place an aluminum foil tent lightly over the breast. Duckling is done when drumstick
meat feels very soft.
- Let stand 10 minutes for easier carving.
- Heat orange peel, orange juice, jelly, lemon juice, mustard and salt to boiling.
- Mix water and cornstarch; stir into sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,
until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in orange sections and liqueur.
- Brush duckling with some of the orange sauce; serve with remaining
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Recipes