Fish Fillets with Spinach (Filets de Poisson Florentine)
Any time spinach is added to a French dish, it is titled Florentine.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon
instant chicken bouillon
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- Dash of ground red pepper
- Dash of white pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss or Cheddar
- 1 (10
ounce) package frozen chopped spinach,thawed and well drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1 pound fish fillets, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat butter over low heat until melted; stir in flour, bouillon, nutmeg, red
pepper and white pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture
is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring
constantly. Boil and stir 1 minutes.
- Add Swiss cheese; cook, stirring constantly,
just until cheese is melted.
- Place spinach in ungreased 12 x 7 1/2-inch or 8-inch square baking dish.
with lemon juice.
- Arrange fish on spinach; sprinkle with salt.
- Spread sauce over
fish and spinach.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F until fish flakes easily with
fork, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
Yield: 4 servings