French Sponge Cookies
The good news: these luscious cookies are not off-limits to some diabetics and
others who must restrict their sugar intake.
- 1/2 cup sifted cake flour (not self-rising)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat 2 cookie sheets with vegetable cooking
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Beat egg yolks with almond and vanilla extracts in mixer bowl until pale and thick.
- In clean mixer bowl, with clean beaters, beat egg whites to soft peaks.
- Beat in sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff and glossy.
- Gently fold in egg yolks.
- Fold in dry ingredients just until blended.
- Drop by level tablespoonsful 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 4 dozen.
Per cookie: 15 calories, 0 gm protein, 0 gm fat, 2 gm carbohydrates, 22 mg
sodium, 13 mg cholesterol. Four cookies equals 1 bread or starch cooking.
Posted by Pat's Cookin at Recipe Goldmine 10/6/2001 5:49 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Recipes