Gingered Pear Sorbet
Decorate each serving with a dash of ground ginger, fresh mint sprig or a sprinkling
of finely chopped crystallized ginger.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pear halves, drained and syrup reserved
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons finely
chopped crystallized ginger or 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat 1 cup of the reserved syrup and the sugar to boiling, stirring constantly;
remove from heat. Cool.
- Place pears, half at a time, in blender container; cover
and puree until smooth.
- Mix syrup, puree, lemon juice and ginger; pour into metal
ice cube tray with the dividers removed or a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Freeze until partially
frozen, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Pour into blender; blend on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Return to ice
cube tray. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before serving.
Yields 6 servings