Lemon Custard Cakes
- Unsalted butter, room temperature, for custard cups
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners sugar, for dusting
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set a kettle of water to boil.
- Butter six 6-ounce
custard cups and place in a dish towel-lined baking dish or roasting pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar until light; whisk in flour.
- Gradually whisk in lemon juice, then milk and zest.
- With an electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Add to
lemon batter and fold in gently with a whisk (batter will be quite liquid).
- Divide batter among prepared custard cups; place baking dish in oven and fill
with boiling water to reach halfway up sides of cups.
- Bake until puffed and lightly browned (but pudding is still visible in bottom),
20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature, dusted with confectioners sugar.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Recipes