- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Melt butter or margarine; set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a Madeleine pan.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat eggs, sugar, yogurt, lemon extract,
and vanilla extract until blended, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- Increase speed to high; beat until very light and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes,
occasionally scraping bowl.
- Reduce speed to low; beat in flour, grated lemon peel, salt, and melted margarine
or butter until blended.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each Madeleine shell.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until Madeleines are golden brown.
- Immediately remove Madeleines from shells to wire racks to cool.
- Repeat until all batter is used, greasing Madeleine pan each time.
- Sprinkle Madeleines lightly with confectioners' sugar.
- Store Madeleines in tightly covered container if
not serving right away to prevent them from becoming soggy.
Makes about 2 dozen.