Orange Rum Savarin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup raisins or currants
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavoring
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, yeast and salt.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, heat butter and milk until warm (120
to 130 degrees F). Add to dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating at low speed until blended.
- At high speed, beat 3 minutes more.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours,
- Stir down. Spoon into greased 9-cup fluted tube pan.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven until lightly browned, and
cake tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto serving platter.
- In small saucepan, stir together remaining 1 cup sugar and orange juice. Cook
over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat. Stir in flavoring.
- With fork, pierce bread at 1-inch intervals.
- Slowly spoon orange syrup over bread until absorbed.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Egg Board
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Recipes