- 1/2 pound scallops
- 1 1/4 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound salmon, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Gryere cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup cracker crumbs (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- Poach scallops, shrimp and salmon in wine for 3 to 4 minutes; drain.
- Combine seafood and spoon into six ramekins or individual baking dishes.
- Melt the butter in heavy saucepan; add onion, and saute until tender.
- Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until
thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spoon mixture over seafood.
- Sprinkle with cracker crumbs if desired. Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter
over cracker crumbs.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings