Shrimp de Jonghe
Shrimp de Jonghe originated in the late 19th or early 20th century at DeJonghe's
Hotel and Restaurant in Chicago, Illinois.
- 2 cups finely chopped scallions with tops
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup butter
- 2 pounds medium raw shrimp, cleaned and shelled
- 3 tablespoons fine bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In large skillet, sauté scallions and garlic in butter until lightly browned.
- Add shrimp. Cook for 3 minutes, turning several times.
- Add bread crumbs. Cook until they are browned, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Serve very hot in individual dishes, or on toast points, as an appetizer, or
over rice as an entree.