Stuffed Beret Bread
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 1 pack dry vegetable soup mix
- 16 ounces (500 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 beret bread loaf
- Microwave spinach for 2 minutes; wipe dry and chop.
- Mix together soup mix, sour cream, mayonnaise, chopped onion and spinach.
- Refrigerate mixture until ready to serve.
- Remove top part of bread; cube inside part of bread (being careful not cut
through the crust) and arrange bread cubes all around bread loaf.
- Pour onion/spinach mixture into bread loaf.
- Using long forks, each guest will dip bread cubes, one
at a time, into mixture before eating.
- When loaf is empty, break-up and eat the crust.
Servings: 6 to 8
If desired, serve with a French bread stick, as it is quite possible that you
will need some more bread!
Posted by Joyce'S at Recipe Goldmine 8/12/2001, 6:56 am
Source: From Francine, Charlesbourg - Cooking For Us