Apple Pancakes (Appelpfannkuchen)
Serve this piping hot from the oven!
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place two (9-inch) round layer pans in oven.
- Beat eggs, flour, milk and salt in a small mixer bowl on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Remove pans from oven. Place 2 tablespoons butter in each pan; rotate pans until
butter is melted and coats sides of pans.
- Arrange half the apple slices in each pan; divide batter evenly between pans.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar mixture over batter in each pan.
- Bake uncovered until puffed and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes