- Strudel Dough
- 2 quarts cooking apples, cut fine
- 1 cup seeded raisins
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/4 pound almonds, blanched and chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Combine all ingredients except butter. As rapidly as possible, spread apple filling
evenly over three-quarters of the stretched, buttered Strudel Dough.
- Drip some melted butter over filling. Roll up, trim edges, then place in pan.
- Brush with remaining butter from time to time while baking.
- Serve slightly warm.