Auf Lauf (German Breakfast Pancakes)
- 6 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 pound butter, melted
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly beat eggs with salt. Gradually add flour to milk, blending until
smooth. Add this mixture and the sugar to eggs and blend well.
- Pour melted butter into 2 (8-inch square) baking pans. Add half the batter
to each pan and bake for 15 minutes or until pancakes rise and puff and are
- Lower temperature to 400 degrees F if pancakes are browning too quickly.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Serve immediately with fruit jam, fresh berries, sliced fresh fruit, sour
cream, applesauce sugar and/or cinnamon, as desired.