Austrian Egg Cake (Eierkuchen)
This is a wonderful breakfast dish that is very easy to make.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 scallions (with tops), chopped
- Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Tear 3 1/2 slices bread into pieces. Place in blender container, on slice at
a time, cover and blend until crumbled, about 3 seconds.
- Stir in bread crumbs and scallions.
- Pour into greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees F until set and top is light brown, about 40 minutes.