This is tried and true; the second generation now makes it. Takes ten minutes
max to put together.
- 1/2 to 1 pound knockwurst (or similar sausage) cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups diagonally-cut thin carrot slices
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 1 soup can milk (increase by 1/2 if you want)
- 1 soup can water (increase by 1/2 if you want)
- 3 cups cabbage, cut in long thin shreds (chopped is nice, too)
- Rye toast, apple wedges, Cheddar or bleu cheese
- In pan large enough to hold all ingredients, saute sausage, carrots and caraway
in butter over low heat until browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce to low heat and simmer
15 minutes or more, until carrots are tender.
- Serve with rye toast and apple wedges, and Cheddar or bleu cheese.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Marianna vE.