Bayerische Leberkloese (Bavarian Liver Dumpling Soup)
- 1 pound calves or chicken liver
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery leaves
- 2 slices stale bread, moistened in water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- Remove any skin or connective tissue from the livers. Put into blender or processor
and puree the livers with all the remaining ingredients except the beef broth.
- Chill the mixture in a plastic bag.
- When it is cold, roll into balls the size of walnuts.
- Heat broth to a simmer and poach the dumplings in the broth for 5 to 8 minutes.
Makes about 12 dumplings to serve 4