Bienenstich (Honey Bee Cake)
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 small box vanilla pudding
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Mix flour, yeast and sugar, melt butter and mix with lukewarm milk. Add the egg
and beat until smooth. Cover and let rise in a warm place until the dough doubles
- Punch down dough and place in a greased 10-inch springform pan. Let rise one
more time until the dough doubles in size.
- Melt butter in a skillet and add sugar and let simmer for about 5 minutes or
until almonds turn golden brown; take off the heat and add the milk. Cook for another
- Spread it on top of the dough when it is lukewarm. Bake in a preheated oven at
375 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
- Take out of the form and cool and cut in two layers.
- Prepare pudding, let cool and spread it in between the layers. Sprinkle top with
confectioners' sugar. (You can also fill the cake with whipped cream instead
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes