Bratwurst in Sour Cream
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 pounds bratwurst
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- Hot buttered noodles
- Brown sausages well on all sides in butter. Remove sausages. If there is too
much fat in skillet, remove some.
- In the remaining fat, sauté the onions until soft. Stir in flour. Add salt and
the apple cider. Cook until bubbly.
- Return sausages to skillet, cover, lower heat
and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the sour cream and some of the hot sauce in a separate dish. Then add to
the skillet with the sausages. Stir until sauce is hot. Do not allow to boil.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes