Cooked Caraway Cheese (Koch Kaese)
In Germany, this is known as Koch Kaese. This makes a delicious cheese spread
with dark rye bread and beer.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups dry cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Mix cheese with the seasonings; cover with plastic wrap and a lid, and put in
a warm (70 degree F) place. Let it ferment 3 to 4 days, stirring once each day.
- Warm the butter in the milk, stir in the cheese, and cook gently about 10 minutes.
- Put into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the egg yolk and blend again so that it will be slightly glossy.
- Scoop mixture into a bowl and cover with plastic.
- Refrigerate until needed.
Makes about 4 cups
This will keep up to 2 weeks.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes