Crumb Fried Chicken
- 3 pounds chicken parts
- 2 eggs, mixed with a pinch of salt
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Lemons and parsley (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and powdered ginger together. First dip the
chicken into the egg and then coat with the crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or sauté pan and add the butter. When hot, add
the chicken, skin side down. Cook both sides until golden brown.
- Transfer with a
slotted spoon to a baking sheet and place in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until
the juices run clear when the chicken is tested with a knife or fork.
- Serve garnished with small bunches of parsley and lemon wedges or slices.