Deutsches Rostbraten (German Roast Beef)
The gravy is so good that you may not even have enough if you double the recipe.
This recipe is perfect to bake while you are in church.
- 1 (4 pound) boneless rump roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Catalina French dressing
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon instant parsley flakes
- 1 package brown gravy mix
- Season meat with salt and pepper. Place in a deep bowl.
- Combine Catalina French Dressing with wine, onion, celery and parsley; pour over meat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Drain meat and reserve marinade.
- Combine gravy mix and marinade; pour over meat.
- Cover and bake 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat, skim off excess fat and thicken marinade for gravy.