Dutch Baby is a delightful German recipe! The Dutch Baby can be served with
Lemon Syrup, fresh berries or other fruit, or butter and pure maple syrup.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Lemon Syrup (optional)
- Juice of two lemons (no seeds)
- Confectioners' sugar
- Lemon Syrup: Add confectioners' sugar to the lemon juice, a tablespoon at a
time, until the syrup tastes sweet enough to you. Mix with a wire whisk.
- Dutch Baby: Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place butter in a cast iron skillet or glass pie plate and set in oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs with a wire whisk. Add milk
and flour. Mix with a wire whisk until large clumps disappear and the batter
is fairly smooth. Don’t over-mix.
- Carefully remove pan from oven and pour batter into the hot, melted
butter. Return pan to oven and bake until well browned and puffed on the
edges, 20 to 25 minutes, depending on pan size.
- Cut into wedges and serve with the Lemon Syrup (if using), cooked apple
slices, fresh berries or other fruit, or butter and pure maple syrup.