- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can or tube almond paste, cut into cubes
- Sliced natural almonds (with brown skins)
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese to blend.
- Gradually add flour and salt. Form a dough, wrap and refrigerate 1 hour
or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Press 1 ball onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased
miniature muffin cup; repeat to fill pan(s). Set aside. (Chill any remaining
dough, then repeat after baking first batch.)
- For filling, beat eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy
- Add sugar, mixing well. Beat in almond paste
- Spoon a rounded teaspoonful into each cup; top each with three almond
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and
filling is set.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Yield: 10 dozen
Source: Best of Country Cookies, Reiman Publications, 1999