- 1 egg
- 3 hardboiled egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon powdered cardamom
- 1/2 lemon rind, grated
- Separate egg; beat yolk with cooked yolks which have been put through a ricer.
- Add sugar and butter until the mixture is well mixed and smooth.
- Add flour, cardamom and grated lemon rind, then knead well. Roll out about 1/8-inch thick. Cut with
doughnut cutter and dip in egg white, then in granulated sugar mixed with chopped
- Bake in tins lined with wax paper until a delicate gold. Watch carefully
as they scorch easily.