Farmer's Breakfast (Bauernfrühstück)
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat or olive oil, divided
- 2 cups roughly chopped green and white onions
- 2 cups roughly chopped bell peppers
- 1-2 cups chopped ham
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 4 eggs, whisked
- Salt to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Boil the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted water for 10-15 minutes
until just cooked (test for doneness). Drain, rinse with cold water to cool.
Cut into 1-inch squares. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons bacon fat or
olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and bell
peppers. Increase the heat to high. Brown the onions and bell peppers,
stirring frequently, about 2-3 minutes.
- Push the vegetables to the
side of the pan, add the potatoes and the remaining 1 tablespoon bacon fat
(or olive oil) to the pan. Brown the potatoes for about 2 minutes, stirring
frequently. Sprinkle on salt to taste as you stir.
- Add the ham to the potatoes and cook, stirring frequently until the ham
is heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- Mix all of the vegetables, potato and ham together and mix
in the parsley.
- Add the eggs, stirring to distribute the eggs among
the vegetables and ham. As soon as eggs begin to firm up, remove from heat.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Photo credit: lightcatcher66
>> German Recipes