German Apple Cake
Here is a delicious cake which I make often and also when I had my bakery.
This is a dense but moist cake which holds up well.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups coarsely chopped apples (you can leave on the skin or peel them)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch cake pan and set aside.
- Beat the oil and eggs until creamy.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract to the mixture and beat well.
- Combine in a bowl flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon mixing well with a wire
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and beat until combined
(this will produce a thick, very thick batter).
- Fold in the apples by hand with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until cake pulls away
from the sides and the cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove cake and cool on a wire rack.
- When cooled completely sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- You can serve this with some fresh whipped sweetened cream or a good brand
of ice cream.
I sometimes add the golden raisins along with the apples, which makes it
Posted by bettyboop at Recipe Goldmine 1/2/2002 4:09 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes