German Apple Dumplings
- 8 ounces plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 ounces butter
- 3 ounces granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 small apples
- 4 teaspoons raspberry or cherry jam
- 4 teaspoons flaked almonds
- Sift together flour and salt.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add egg yolks and sour cream.
- Quickly knead to a smooth dough.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill for 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide the dough into four equal portions. Roll each section quickly to make
a round of pastry.
- Peel and core the apples and fill the center of each round with
them, add the jam and almonds.
- Wrap the pastry into a square, pinching the top to seal.
- Glaze with beaten egg white and bake for 40 minutes in lightly greased baking
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes