German Bread Pudding
- 8 ounces pumpernickel bread
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups rum
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Spread bread slices on a baking sheet and dry in a 325 degree F oven - bread
should be very dry.
- Pour rum over the dried bread slices and, with a fork, break bread into small
- Whip the cream, adding the sugar and vanilla extract gradually until stiff.
- In a deep serving dish, spread a layer of whipped cream, then grated chocolate.
Top with a layer of the bread mixture and dot with strawberry jam. Continue the
layers until all ingredients are used.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> German Recipes